A signature HUMANITAS story challenges us to use our freedom to grow and develop, confronts us with our individual responsibility and examines the consequences of our choices. The winners receive both a trophy and a cash award. The total annual amount of the awards is $110,000 and is divided up into the following nine categories:
- Feature: $10,000
- 60 Minute Category: $10,000
- 30 Minute Category: $10,000
- Children’s Live Action: $10,000
- Children’s Animation: $10,000
- Sundance Feature Film: $10,000
- Documentary: $10,000
- The Angell Comedy Fellowship: $20,000
- The Carol Mendelsohn Drama Fellowship: $20,000
How is the HUMANITAS Prize funded?
The HUMANITAS Prize is funded by an endowment established through the generosity of individuals, networks, studios and foundations.
How does one qualify?
- Teleplay or film must be aired or released between January 1, 2017 and December 31, 2017.
- $100 entry fee per submission.
- No limit to the number of submissions.
- Credits must be redacted from script.
- Teleplay must be written and produced in the English language for U.S. Television (Broadcast, Cable, Internet and Satellite).
- Teleplay must have had a national release on Television (Broadcast, Cable, Internet and Satellite)
- Feature film screenplay becomes eligible in the year in which it receives a U.S. theatrical release.
- Documentary entrants must submit digital content through web-based award judging portal.